- â…“ cup cold whipping cream
- Â½ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 pint chocolate gelato or ice cream
This dessert is the Italian version of a hot fudge sundae.Â Traditionally itâ€™s made with vanilla ice cream, but I loveÂ chocolate, so why not?
- In A Medium Bowl, beat the cream with an electricÂ mixer until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate theÂ whipped cream until ready to use. (The whipped creamÂ can be made 4 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, whisk the boiling waterÂ and espresso powder until the powder is dissolved.
- Scoop the gelato or ice cream into 4 dessert bowls orÂ glasses. Pour 2 tablespoons of hot espresso over each,Â top with the whipped cream, and serve immediately.