- 8 low-sodium bacon slices
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- ¬ľ to ¬Ĺ teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
- 8 reduced-calorie whole-wheat bread slices, toasted
- 4 ¬ĺ-ounce wedges light Swiss cheese spread, such as¬†Laughing Cow
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices (4 ounces)
Toast the bread slices while the bacon is cooking¬†and cover with foil to keep warm. For a crunchier toast, let stand at room¬†temperature and do not cover with foil.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.¬†Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Drain on paper towels¬†and blot dry; discard any bacon drippings.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg substitute, milk, and hot sauce¬†in a small bowl, and stir until well blended.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat, and coat the skillet with¬†cooking spray. Add the egg mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes,¬†lifting up the egg mixture to allow raw portions to cook to¬†achieve a scrambled egg effect. Remove from heat.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with the cheese spread. Top¬†four of the bread slices with tomato slices, bacon slices, and¬†equal amounts of the scrambled egg mixture, top with the¬†remaining four bread slices (cheese side down), and cut in half.