- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- additional picante sauce
Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.Flatten chicken to 1/4 -inch thickness, using a meat mallet; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a shallow container.
- Combine next 7 ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour over chicken; cover and chill 1-2 hours.
- Thread chicken onto skewers; cook over hot coals 6-8 minutes or until done, turning occasionally and basting with remaining marinade.
- Serve with additional picante sauce.