- 3 cups applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups all- purpose fl our
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts, optional
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1 cup dried cherries, optional
This recipe has been a well- kept secret.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray a tube pan with nonstick cooking spray and fl our lightly.
- Combine the applesauce, sugar, and oil in a bowl; mix well.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add to the applesauce mixture; blend well. Add the nuts, raisins, and dried cherries, if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.