- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 ⁄2 cup agave nectar or Simple Syrup
- 1 ⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 10 to 12 limes)
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- About 1 ⁄2 pound (10 ounces) frozen blackberries
- 1 large organic lime, ends cut off and sliced thinly lengthwise
Remove the lime slices if storing in the refrigerator for more than a few hours, as they will make the drink bitter.
- In a large pitcher, combine the water, agave nectar, lime juice, and cayenne. Stir well. Add the blackberries and the lime slices, pour into a pitcher, and refrigerate until cool. Serve in slender, clear glasses.