BLTA Chicken Breast Sandwich
- 1 chicken breast, preferably skin on
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 handful of arugula or lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
After one bite of this sandwich, you'll wonder why you ever thought you needed two slices of bread to hold a sandwich together.
- Butterfly the chicken breast by cutting lengthwise through the middle of the breast without cutting all the way through, so it can be opened up. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breast.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and sear the chicken breast, skin side down and opened up. Cook 4-6 minutes on the first side until nicely browned, then flip the chicken and cook the other side with a lid on the pan for an additional 6-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- When chicken is cooked, spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the inside. Layer bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado and fold the chicken breast shut. Eat warm or cold.