- 2¬†ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) honey¬†mustard
- 4 oz (125 g) roasted chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ¬Ĺ cup (125 ml) baby spinach¬†leaves
- ¬ľ cup ¬†(50 ml) crumbled¬†blue cheese
- 6 thin slices¬†Granny Smith apple¬†(unpeeled)
- 4 slices thick-cut¬†bacon, cooked¬†crisp
Preheat panini grill to high.¬†Place rolls, cut side down, on a work surface and brush crusts with oil.
- Turn rolls over and spread with mustard. On bottom halves, evenly layer with chicken, spinach, blue cheese, apple and bacon. Cover with top halves and press gently to pack.
- Place sandwiches in grill, close the top plate and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
- If you happen to have a firm, ripe pear, use it in place of the apple.¬†I also enjoy this sandwich with crumbled feta cheese instead of the blue cheese.