Blueberry buckle coffeecake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen/thawed blueberries can be used if you don\'t have fresh)
- One of my favorites and was given to me by a friend.
- The recipe calls for a 9-inch cake pan, but I prefer to use a 9-inch springform pan.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch round pan or 9-inch square pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, shortening, milk, baking powder, salt and egg in large bowl.
- Beat 30 seconds with spoon. Carefully stir in blueberries.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with Glaze and serve warm. 8 servings sugar.
- Mix all ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter
- Mix all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.