- 3 tablespoons unsalted¬†butter
- 2 pounds brussels¬†sprouts, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¬Ĺ cup roasted salted¬†sunflower seeds
- 3 scallions (white and¬†pale green parts only),¬†minced
- 1 morilla chile, stemmed,¬†seeded, and very thinly¬†sliced
- ¬Ĺ cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground¬†black pepper
It really is good to eat your brussels sprouts, and this morilla cream¬†sauce, made with toasted sunflower seeds, will make a believer out¬†of anyone.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large heavy saucepan¬†over medium-high heat. Add the brussels sprouts and stir for¬†1 minute to coat them with the butter. Add the broth, cover, and¬†simmer for 7 minutes, or until the brussels sprouts are tender.
- Uncover and continue to simmer for 4 minutes, or until all of¬†the broth evaporates. Transfer the brussels sprouts to a¬†medium bowl.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the same pan.
- Add the sunflower seeds, scallions, and chile and saut√© for¬†2 minutes, or until the nuts are toasted and the chile is tender.
- Stir in the cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, return¬†the brussels sprouts to the pan, and toss to coat them with the¬†cream. Season the brussels sprouts to taste with salt and¬†pepper, and serve.