- ¬ľ teaspoon salt
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- ¬Ĺ pound fresh chorizo pork sausage (if dried,¬†remove casings)
- 1 1‚ĀĄ3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- ¬ľ teaspoon pepper
- 1 1‚ĀĄ3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1‚ĀĄ3 cups sauerkraut, thoroughly washed¬†Paprika
- One 8-ounce container sour cream
Bring 1 quart of water to a boil with the salt in a¬†medium saucepan.¬†Add the cabbage leaves and boil for 4 to 7¬†minutes. Drain and dry on paper towels.
- ¬†In a large skillet, saut√© the chorizo and onion¬†until the onion is translucent. Remove from the¬†heat and let cool.
- ¬†Season the meat mixture with the pepper and¬†mix with the rice. Place 2 tablespoons of the¬†meat mixture in each cabbage leaf. Roll the¬†leaves and secure with toothpicks or poultry¬†skewers. Set aside.
- In a clean skillet, layer the sauerkraut and¬†cabbage rolls, beginning and ending with the¬†sauerkraut.
- ¬†Add 1 quart water and simmer for 35 minutes,¬†adding more water if needed.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve each roll with a¬†dollop of sour cream.