- 1 cup rice (preferably basmati)
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon green chile paste
- 1 cup finely chopped cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
The flavor from the cauliflower and spices is so subtle that it complements any kind of lentil or vegetable dishes, including dal.
- Wash the rice, changing the water at least 3 times. Put the rice and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover,and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Roast the cumin seeds lightly in a skillet for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the ginger and chile paste; stir. Add the cauliflower, cooked rice, and salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.