Cauliflower with Potatoes and Peas
- 4 tbsp/60ml oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 cups/450g/l lb diced potatoes in Â¾ in/ 2cm pieces
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into Â¾ in/2cm pieces
- Â½ tsp/2.5ml ground turmeric
- 1/3 tsp/3ml chilli powder
- 1 tsp/5ml ground cumin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp/5 ml salt
- 1/4 tsp/1.5ml sugar
- 1 cup/200g/7oz peas
- Â½ tsp/2.5ml
- Heat the oil in a karai over medium high heat. Add the onions and fry for 3-4 minutes until light brown
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower and stir. Add the spices, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peas, cover and lower heat to medium low and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Stir the vegetables a few times to stop them sticking. Sprinkle with Garam Masala before serving.
- Serves 4-6