CHEESY TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN BREASTS
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 c. cubed ripe tomatoes
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts,
- skinned, cut in half
- 1 c. fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 6 oz. Mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 9x13 inch baking pan, melt 3 tablespoon butter in oven.
- In medium bowl, stir together remaining sauce ingredients except chicken; set aside.
- Place chicken in baking pan, turning to coat with butter. Spoon sauce mixture over chicken.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together all topping ingredients except cheese. Place cheese strips over chicken; sprinkle with topping mix.
- Continue baking 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and bread crumbs are brown.