- 1‚ĀĄ4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 peperoncini chiles, cored, seeded, and¬†minced
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1 large or¬†2 small limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1‚ĀĄ2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
This spicy vinaigrette recipe, enhances the rich mild lamb flavor¬†and blends in an interesting way with the mint and cilantro in¬†the salad itself. You can use it to dress any salad, particularly¬†when you want to match rich flavors in other dishes. It tastes¬†great on crisp vegetable slaws. Try it over shredded cabbage¬†and carrots with celery root and scallions, or with shaved raw¬†vegetables.
- Heat the rice vinegar, sugar, and chiles in a small saucepan¬†over medium-high. When the mixture begins to boil, remove¬†from the heat.
- ¬†Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Use like¬†this, or whisk in the optional olive oil.