- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 2/3 cup toasted chopped pecans
Grapes and mandarin oranges give this make-ahead medley a hint of sweetness. It's the perfect partner for beef, pork, chicken, or fish.
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except do not add oil or butter. Cool.
- In a large bowl, stir together rice mixture, water chestnuts, celery, green onions, and grapes.
- In a screw-top jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper. Cover; shake well. Pour lemon juice mixture over rice mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, gently stir in mandarin oranges and pecans.