- Pour the fish stock into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Put a large saucepan over high heat, then add the oil. Add the crabs.
- Fry the crabs until golden, then remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat slightly and add the sofrito to the same pan.
- Add the rice.
- Fry for 2 minutes, stirring to coat the rice in the sofrito.
- Pour in the white wine, then scrape up any sediment from the bottom of the pan.
- When most of the wine has boiled away, add a ladle of stock.
- Once the stock has been absorbed, add another ladle and repeat the process for 3 minutes. Add all the remaining stock to the rice, then simmer for 12 more minutes, stirring often.
- Return the crabs to the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the picada.
- Serve the stew in shallow bowls.