CRAB APPLE AND ORANGE CONSERVE
- 1 qt. crab-apple pulp
- 3 lb. sugar
- 8 oranges
- To the crab-apple pulp, add the sugar, and place over the fire to boil.
- Peel the oranges, scoop out the white portion from the peelings, cut the peelings into thin strips, and add to the crab-apple pulp.
- Remove the pulp of the orange from the skins and from between the sections, cut it into small pieces, and add to the boiling mixture a few minutes before it is removed from the stove.
- When it has cooked thick, pour into hot sterilized glasses.
- Cool and then seal and label.