- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked over for bits of shell and cartilage, then flaked
- 1½ tablespoons white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small dice
To accompany it I like fluffy boiled rice and a salad of crisp greens or, even better, fresh asparagus drizzled with olive oil, then roasted for 10 to 12 minutes in a 400° F. oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Place the crab in a medium-size mixing bowl; add the vinegar, salt, hot pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, and toss lightly. Transfer to an ungreased, nonreactive 1-quart gratin dish and dot evenly with the butter.
- Slide onto the middle oven shelf and bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve at once.