- 4 pounds boneless chuck roast or round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- One 10- ounce can cream of celery soup
- Three 10- ounce cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup burgundy or other dry red wine
- One 13- ounce can mushroom slices or pieces, drained
- One 1-ounce envelope dried onion-mushroom soup mix
- Cooked rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes
This may be assembled a day in advance and stored in the refrigerator until baking time.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Grease a roasting pan.
- Combine the roast, soups, wine, mushrooms, and soup mix in the prepared pan. Cook, covered, for 4 hours, or until the beef is very tender.
- Serve over cooked rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. May be served over thick slices of bread as well.