Crushed Baby Potatoes with Lemon and Chives
- 2 1/2 pounds baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon minced chives
I prefer to use very Small, waxy-skinned potatoes for this dish, such as the ubiquitous baby new¬†potatoes or fingerlings. In addition to being a perfect compliment to the richness of the cotolette,¬†these lemony potatoes go very well with any of other meat recipes.
- Place the potatoes in a pot of cold, salted water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until pierced easily with¬†a knife, 10 to 15 minutes. Strain, and place in a large¬†mixing bowl. Gently crush the potatoes with the¬†tines of a fork.
- Toss first with the lemon juice and¬†then the olive oil and chives. Taste for salt, adding¬†more if desired.