Dill and Caper Salmon Burgers
- 1¬Ĺ pounds skinless, boneless wild salmon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1¬† jalape√Īo¬† pepper,¬† seeds¬† and¬† white¬† veins removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- ¬ľ teaspoon salt
- lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
You'll¬† have¬† no¬† trouble¬† forming¬† these¬† flavorful¬† salmon burgers¬† into¬† patties¬† without¬† needless¬† fillers¬† like breadcrumbs¬† or¬† egg.
- Cut¬† the salmon¬† into chunks and put ¬ľ of¬† it¬† in¬† the¬† food processor with the mustard. Pulse until the salmon forms a smooth paste.¬† I t¬† is¬† this paste-like¬† texture¬† that will help¬† the burgers¬† hold¬† together.¬† Add¬† the¬† remaining¬† salmon and ingredients¬† and¬† pulse¬† to¬† break¬† the¬† salmon¬† up¬† into¬† small chunks, but not so long that it becomes smooth.
- Shape the salmon into four burgers. The burgers can be fried in a skillet with a little oil or grilled. In both cases, cook for¬† 3-5¬† minutes¬† until¬† the¬† burger¬† is¬† firm¬† and¬† easy¬† to¬† flip. Continue cooking the second side for another 3-5 minutes. Serve with wedges of lemon.