- 2 heads of Belgian endive
- 4 ounces small arugula leaves
- 5 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered (1‚Äď2¬†cups)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 7 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of sugar
Also you can make¬†it with raspberries, tumbling a handful over each¬†plate and thickening the dressing with a few crushed¬†berries.
- Trim off the base of the chicory heads and pull apart the¬†leaves. Place in a salad bowl with the arugula leaves and¬†toss lightly. Scatter the strawberries and pine nuts over the¬†leaves, then crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Just before serving, whisk together all the ingredients for¬†the dressing with seasoning to taste (or put them into a¬†tightly covered jar and shake well). Drizzle the dressing¬†over the salad (you may not need all of the dressing) and¬†toss.