- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, halved
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon dried pepper flakes
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 16 small turkey pepperoni slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Broiling the muffins on both sides makes a crisper crust.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place muffin halves on a baking pan and broil 1½ to 2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted, watching closely so they don’t burn. Remove from the broiler and set aside. Do not turn off the broiler.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, and coat the skillet with cooking spray. Add the egg substitute, sprinkle with the oregano and pepper flakes, and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In this order, top the muffin halves with equal amounts of sauce, pepperoni, eggs, and mozzarella. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown very lightly. Remove from the broiler, and sprinkle with the Parmesan.