Like I was discussing yesterday, meat has its ups and downs… Take into consideration also the following:
Here are some secrets to achieve your goal: a healthy tasty meal:
-Cut off all white fatty parts from raw meat before cooking it
-Cook the chicken with the skin, but remove it before consuming the meat.
-For healthier cooking, don`t add oil to the meat; add water or beer, wine, tomato juice, spices and herbs… It gives a better taste and with a lower health cost
-The meat is fresher when the color is lighter, so chose pink pieces of meat if you want them tender.
-Boil the meat in already boiling water, in order to keep the nutrients sealed in the meat. If making soups, use cold water
-Don’t buy already minced meat. It has a high fat content. Prepare it yourself from low fat meat. It takes longer but it’s healthier.
Here are the calories table for 100 g of raw meat:
CALORIES FOR 100 G OF RAW MEAT
CHICKEN, TURKEY 100 CAL
BEEF 120 CAL
PORK 120 CAL
LIVER 150 CAL
LAMB 160 CAL
Also, keep in mind that:
– the meat from the chicken legs contains 3 times more iron than the chicken breast
– chicken leg contains more fat than chicken breast
– chicken and turkey skin is made 100% form fat
– goose and duck are richer in iron than chicken and turkey
– 150 g of roast beef contain 20% of the daily needed quantity of iron for women and 25% for men.