- 1 (4 x 16-inch) loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- ¬Ĺ cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni sausage, diced
- 3 ounces ground Italian sausage, cooked
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¬Ĺ cup diced Spanish onion
- ¬Ĺ cup sliced green olives
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- ¬Ĺ cup diced green bell pepper
Instead of the bread being dry and crumbly, it‚Äôs fresh and toasted to perfection so you get a crunch on the outside and a soft, fresh bite on the inside.
- Preheat the oven to 400¬įF.
- Cut the top quarter from the bread and remove all but a ¬Ĺ-to ¬ĺ-inch layer of bread from inside the crust. Place the bread on a baking sheet. Brush the inside with the oil and bake in the oven or broiler until the edges turn golden and the bread dries slightly. This will only take a few minutes.
- Blend the cheeses together in one bowl. In another bowl, combine the sausages, tomato, onion, olives, seasonings, and three-fourths of the cheese blend.
- Spread¬† the¬† bread with¬† the¬† pizza¬† sauce.¬† Fill¬† the¬† bread with¬† the¬† sausage¬† mixture,¬† and¬† top¬† with¬† the¬† remaining cheese blend and the pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until the ingredients are heated through.