Freshly made juices represent a very reliable source of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins activate enzymes which act as catalysts in hundreds of thousands of chemical reactions that take place throughout our body. Enzymes are energy producers and are essential for the digestion process.
Minerals and vitamins are best absorbed when consumed in the form of fresh squeezed juices. It’s a healthier manner for getting our body the nutrients it needs, than by consuming fruits and vegetables whole. By blending fruits and vegetables to make juices and smoothies, fibers are broke down and nutrients are released.
For instance, spinach helps with hormone detoxifying, beetroot improves the digestion process, strawberries improve general health state, bananas have a high potassium content. Strawberries protect us against inflammation and all sorts of heart diseases, while potassium rich banana decreases blood pressure and cholesterol levels .
- Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly before juicing. Remove damaged portions, if any.
- Use organic produce where possible.
- Juice with stems and leaves. Remove the stems and leaves of carrots, as they are toxic. The leaves of celery are bitter so you may remove them.
- You may use seeds of lemon, lime, oranges, etc. Do not use apple seeds, as they are toxic.
- Do not use the skins of orange and grapefruits, as they are toxic. Do not throw away the white pithy part as they are a source of vitamin C and bioflvonoids.
- You can garnish the juices with black pepper, salt, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro (coriander), cinnamon, etc.