- 3 or 4 slices of bacon
- 2 cups of green onions including tops, chopped into small pieces (about 1/2”)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Fry the bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp, drain on paper towels and crumble into small pieces.
- Remove all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease from the pan and add the chopped green onions, salt, black pepper, sugar, and the crumbled bacon.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.