Because of the time I spent at Old Chatham Sheepherding Company, I came to appreciate the full mellow flavor of sheep’s cheese. I prefer it in this recipe, but you could also use fresh goat’s milk or even a fresh soft cow’s milk cheese. You can use a high-quality balsamic vinegar as is, without making the syrup.
- 1⁄2 pound fresh sheep’s cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 quart strawberries
- Balsamic Syrup
- Scoop the cheese onto four plates.
- Sprinkle each scoop of cheese with pepper.
- Divide the strawberries between the four plates, arranging them around the cheese.
- Drizzle the cheese and strawberries with balsamic syrup.