- 2 or 3 half baked baguettes
- 1 cup of vegan margarine
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
A good accompaniment for many of the above meals - shop bought ones are almost always made with butter so we make our own vegan version.
- Slice the baguettes widthwise (about 3cm. thick works well) carefully leaving the bottom intact (so they are still in their loaf shape).
- Mash the margarine with the garlic and parsley.
- Spread both sides of each slice with the margarine mixture then wrap the baguettes in tin foil and bake in the oven at 180c/360F for about 15 minutes.
- A garlic free alternative would be to use different fresh, chopped herbs in the margarine instead of garlic for a herby bread.