- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, ground if possible
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cups dry corn grits
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unflavored plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup chopped sundried tomatoes, optional, for extra flavor
Served with pinto beans, greens, and baked onions, it makes a most satisfying healthy meal.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, and corn grits. Add the broth and plant milk.
- Bring to a boil in pot, turn down to a simmer, and stir gently until mixture is thick, about 10 minutes. Pour into a pie pan and bake for 30 minutes.