- 1Â½ cups julienned onion
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked pizza crust
- â…“ cup (3 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- Â¾ cup (about 4 ounces) cubed Italian-style Gorgonzola cheese
- Â¼ cup chopped pecans
Itâ€™s one of those dishes you want to limit to special occasions, because itâ€™s really hard to stop eating, itâ€™s that good.
- Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
- In a sautÃ© pan over high heat, brown the onions until caramelized; cool.
- Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan or a large baking sheet. Spread the mascarpone evenly over the pizza crust. Place the cooled caramelized onions on the cheese. Sprinkle the Gorgonzola and pecans over the top. Bake for 6 to 9 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is hot.