- 4 qt. stemmed grapes
- 2 c. hot water
- 3 lb. sugar
- Separate the pulp of the grapes from the skins, put it into a preserving kettle with the water, and heat to the boiling point.
- Cook slowly until the seeds can be separated from the pulp, and then remove the seeds by pressing the pulp through a sieve.
- Return to the preserving kettle with the grape skins.
- Add the sugar, and cook the mixture slowly until it is thick, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Care must be taken not to cook it too long, as the marmalade becomes quite stiff.
- Pour into hot, sterilized glasses, cool, seal, and label.