- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 3 anchovies, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- Â½ garlic clove, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into Â½-inch-thick slices and toasted
Tapenade is easy to make and infinitely adaptive. I use it both as a condiment and as an hors dâ€™oeuvre.
- Combine the olives, anchovies, capers, and garlic in a food processor and pulse to a rough paste, adding the olive oil as necessary. Transfer to a serving bowl and place in the center of a platter.
- Arrange the slices of toast around the tapenade and serve.