Grilled Baked Potatoes
- 6 baking potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 small Spanish onion, cut in 6 wedges
- 1 sweet green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 strips bacon
- parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- Scrub potatoes, cut V shaped wedge lengthwise out of top or each one.
- Sprinkle cut sides with salt and pepper.
- Insert onion wedge in each, top with green pepper and 1 teaspoon butter.
- Wrap bacon around each potato.
- Place on square of foil and wrap foil tightly around potato.
- Cover and bake on grill over medium hot coals or on medium setting, turning occasionally for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Fold back foil, return potatoes to grill.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer to crisp bacon.