- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, cut into 22 pieces
- 18 whole mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 18 cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces (18 total)
- One 20- ounce can pineapple chunks, drained, 18 pieces, reserve remaining chunks for later use
- 1⁄3 cup olive or canola oil
- 11⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper
- Brown rice or couscous
I came up with this easy recipe when I was thinking of dishes for my son to make to earn a cooking badge for his Ranger troop.
- Preheat a grill or the broiler to high.
- Thread six 12- inch skewers, alternating the sausage, vegetables, and pineapple. Combine the olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, and soy sauce in a jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure the lid and shake to blend thoroughly.
- Place the skewers on the grill rack and brush with half of the sauce. Cook for 6 minutes, turn, and brush with the remaining sauce. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes.