Grilled Leg Of Lamb
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoon dry red wine
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons fresh rosemary, diced
- 10 garlic cloves, pressed
- 5 lb. leg of lamb, butterflied, with bone removed
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients, except the salt and pepper, in a big glass bowl and add the lamb.
- Turn several times with your hands to make sure that all the lamb is covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning every now and then.
- Remove from the fridge about an hour before grilling in order to return lamb to room temperature.
- Remove lamb from marinade and sprinkle generously with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Grill the lamb on the center of the barbecue grill for about 17 minutes over a medium heat for medium rare, 23 minutes for medium.
- Don\'t worry about the flare−ups as it will give the lamb a delicious, crispy skin.
- Turn the meat only once and cook for another 17 to 23 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Remove lamb from grill and tent with tinfoil for 20 minutes to allow juices to settle. Carve.