- 2 large sweet onions (½dalia or Walla Walla, for example), sliced ½ inch thick
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Leaves from 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup pitted Niçoise olives
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Like the Middle Eastern tabbouleh, this salad uses parsley leaves as a primary ingredient.
- Prepare a medium fire in a grill. You should be able to hold your hand near the grilling surface for a count of 4 before having to pull it away.
- Toss the onions with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred and tender, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Be careful not to burn the onions. If you can cook with the top of your grill down, the time will be somewhat shortened. Transfer the onions to a plate and let them cool to room temperature.
- Toss the onions with the remaining olive oil, the parsley, olives, pomegranate seeds, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and serve.