GRILLED PEACHES with Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- 3 firm but ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- ¬Ĺ cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ¬ľ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¬ĺ cup dry white wine
In the summer, I like to buy large bags or baskets of¬†fresh peaches at the farmers‚Äô market. I eat the perfectly¬†ripe ones immediately and use the firmer (but still ripe)¬†specimens for this amazing dessert combo. But do be¬†sure that your peaches are a little firm; if they‚Äôre going¬†soft all over, they‚Äôll fall apart on the grill. Add the cheese¬†mixture right before you serve it so it looks fresh.
- First you have to stir the sugar, brandy, and lemon juice in a medium¬†bowl to blend. Set the brandy mixture aside.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat, or¬†preheat a ridged grill pan over a medium-high flame.
- Lightly brush the grill rack or pan with oil. Grill the¬†peaches until they are heated through and beginning to¬†brown, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the grilled peaches to the brandy¬†mixture, and toss to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes,¬†tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir the mascarpone and¬†vanilla to blend.
- Divide the peach mixture equally among 6 coupe dishes¬†and pour the wine over the peaches. Dollop the¬†mascarpone mixture atop the peaches, and serve.