Grilled Steaks with Toasted Garlic Butter
- 4 (7- to 8-ounce) boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 recipe Toasted Garlic Butter (see recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
For this grilled steak , trim fat from steaks.Lightly brush steaks on all sides with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over steaks; rub in with your fingers.
- Place steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals.
- Grill until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. (Allow 11 to 15 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 14 to 18 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F.To serve, drizzle steaks with Toasted Garlic Butter; sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- Toasted Garlic Butter:
- In a small saucepan cook 4 large unpeeled cloves of garlic over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until skins begin to brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- When cloves are cool enough to handle, peel skin from cloves; discard skins.
- Return garlic to saucepan; add 1/2 cup butter.
- Cook over low heat until butter melts, mashing garlic with a fork. If desired, stir in 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste or 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve warm.