Ham Salad with Hot Peanut Dressing
- 3/4 pound boneless ham
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced−sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups romaine or curly endive, torn
- 1 head radiccio or Boston lettuce
- Thinly slice ham and heat briefly in microwave or in skillet over medium heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- For dressing, combine vegetable oil, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sugar in a blender or food processor; blend well.
- Heat dressing in microwave in glass measuring cup or on stovetop in a small saucepan.
- Toss cucumber, red onion, romaine and endive together.
- Arrange salads on individual salad plates as follows: Line plates with radiccio or Boston lettuce, top with tossed vegetables, arrange ham slices atop and spoon over hot dressing.