ITALIAN EGG SANDWICH
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- ‚Öõ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice rustic white bread (¬Ĺ inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¬ľ cup warm chunky Marinara Sauce, drained of¬†excess liquid
This breakfast sandwich has been passed down through¬†our family: My grandfather used to make it with my¬†mom, and she would make it with us. Now I‚Äôm passing¬†it on to you.
- In a Small, heavy skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over¬†a medium flame. Crack the egg into the skillet, and¬†sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until the¬†white is firm and the yolk almost set, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread until golden brown. Brush¬†the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over the toast. Rub the¬†garlic over the toast, then sprinkle with the Parmesan¬†cheese. Spoon the drained marinara sauce over the¬†Parmesan cheese and top with the cooked egg. Serve¬†immediately.