- 4 soft soft corn tortillas
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped fine (1 cup)
- 2 cups egg substitute, plain or with peppers and onions
- Â˝ cup (2 ounces) finely shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddarÂ cheese
- Â˝ cup fat-free sour cream
- Â˝ cup picante sauce
- 1 medium lime, quartered
Be sure to â€śtoastâ€ť the tortillas first to give another layer ofÂ flavor to your dish.
- Heat the tortillas, one at a time, over a medium gas flame orÂ directly on electric coils, turning every few seconds until hotÂ and toasty, about 15 to 20 seconds. Wrap in foil to keep warmÂ and absorb the smoky flavors.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and coat theÂ skillet with cooking spray. Add the bell pepper and coat withÂ cooking spray; cook 3 minutes or until tender crisp, stirringÂ frequently. Add the egg substitute and cook 1 to 2 minutes,Â lifting up the egg mixture to allow raw portions to cook toÂ achieve a scrambled egg effect.
- Arrange a tortilla on each of four plates, spoon equal amountsÂ of the egg mixture on top of the tortillas, sprinkle the cheeseÂ evenly over all of them, and spoon 2 tablespoons of the sourÂ cream and picante sauce on top of each. Squeeze lime juiceÂ over all four servings.