- 2 cups dried black beans
- 6 cups water
- ¬Ĺ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
The beans are slow-cooked to give the flavors time¬† to meld, and¬† served accompanied by¬† some¬† cooked greens, a salad, or some rice for a complete protein.
- Wash the beans thoroughly, then place them¬† in the slow cooker insert along with the water.
- Mix¬† together¬† the¬† soy¬† sauce,¬† sugar,¬† and¬† sesame¬† oil¬† and pour over the beans, stirring in thoroughly.
- Cover¬† and¬† cook¬† on¬† low¬† for¬† 6¬† to¬† 8¬† hours,¬† or¬† until¬† the beans are tender.