Lamb Burgers with PIstachio Pesto
- 1¬Ĺ pounds ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¬ľ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¬ľ teaspoon allspice
- ¬Ĺ teaspoon salt
- ¬ľ teaspoon black pepper
- ¬ľ cup finely chopped mint leaves
- ¬ľ cup chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachios
- ¬Ĺ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, or more to taste
- ¬ľ cup loosely packed mint leaves
- a pinch of sea salt
Richer than your average burger, this dish is a nice change from¬† the usual beef burger with mustard and ketchup.
- Mix together the ground lamb with the remaining burger ingredients.¬† Form¬† four¬† patties¬† and¬† pan-fry¬† or¬† grill¬† them, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- While¬† the¬† burgers¬† are¬† cooking,¬† blend¬† together¬† pesto ingredients in a food processor.
- Serve burgers with pesto drizzled on top.