- 6 cups water
- 1 ⁄4 cup lavender buds, plus 2 sprigs, for garnish
- 1 ⁄ 2 cup agave nectar or Simple Syrup
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 6 to 8 lemons)
- 1 large organic lemon, ends cut off and sliced thinly lengthwise, for garnish
The subtle fragrance enlivens this already refreshing beverage.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups of the water and the lavender. Bring to a boil, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes, then uncover, and set aside to cool.
- Strain the lavender water into a serving pitcher and discard the cooked lavender. Add the rest of the water, agave nectar, and lemon juice and stir well. Add the lavender sprigs and lemon slices and refrigerate until cool. Serve in slender, clear glasses.