If you want to bring a Venetian experience to your table, ¬†serve this seafood pasta salad seasoned with olive oil and¬†Meyer lemons. I like to use peppered smoked salmon, but any smoked salmon will work.
- ¬ĺ pound orecchiette pasta
- 7 ounces smoked salmon, torn into bite-size pieces
- ¬Ĺ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- Juice and zest from 1 to 2 Meyer lemons (about ¬†3 to 4 tablespoons juice)
- ¬Ĺ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Fine sea salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain and set¬†aside to cool.
- ¬†In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the smoked salmon, oregano, green onions, olives, lemon juice and zest, sundried tomatoes, capers, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide among four individual plates and serve with the crumbled feta in a bowl to add at the table.