- 4 medium fresh strawberries, or handful of raspberries, or blackberries, or mixture
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Â˝ cup (4 ounces or 120 ml) white tequila
- 1 cup (8 ounces or 235 ml) club soda or sparkling water, plus more if needed
- Lime wedges for garnish
True to the muddle puddle battle described near the end of the book, the drink is a messâ€”carelessly muddled berries that spray red everywhere; salt and lime and sugar and black pepper and then some fizz.
- In the bottom of a small pitcher, muddle the berries with lime juice, sugar, and several fresh grinds of black pepper until the berries are roughly purĂ©ed. Add the tequila and club soda and mix. Fill two glasses three-quarters of the way with ice, and divide the drink between them. Drink at once, then see if you can effortlessly recite a poem about Tweetle Beetles.