- 1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, and chopped
- One 6- ounce package corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 eggs, beaten
- One 10- ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth, or to taste
- 1 to 11⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Chicken gravy, optional
You may substitute a rotisserie chicken or a 20- ounce bag of frozen, precooked, diced chicken for the whole chicken. Reduce the salt to 1⁄2 teaspoon if using an alternative. You may also use herb stuffing rather than the corn bread stuffing, but reduce the poultry seasoning to 3⁄4 teaspoon.
- Grease a 31⁄2- to 4- quart slow cooker.
- Combine the chicken, stuffing mix, onion, celery, eggs, soup, broth, and seasonings in a bowl; mix gently. Transfer to the slow cooker. Top with the butter. Cook, covered, on high for 3 hours. Do not remove the lid during cooking time. Serve with chicken gravy, if desired.