Olive Garden Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 1/2 cups white milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup imported Parmesan cheese - grated
- 1/2 cup imported Romano cheese - grated
- 6 egg yolks, fresh jumbo eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces dried fettuccine
- Heat the milk and cream in a heavy bottom saucepan until it comes to a simmer.
- Slowly whip in the cheeses and then remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, place the egg yolks and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture back into the remaining cream mixture.
- Season to taste with the salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Add cooked fettuccine to saucepan. Sprinkle in garlic powder and stir until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes. Serve immediately.
- Serves 6