- Scandinavians have the right idea — make breakfast before bed and save time in the
morning. The oats and flax in this recipe gives you a nice dose of fiber, and you can mix
up the other ingredients to your liking.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup soy, rice, or hemp milk
- 1⁄4 apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup dried apples or fruit juice-sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds or flaxseed meal
- 1 Combine all the ingredients except the flaxseeds in a medium mixing bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with flaxseeds and serve cold or at room temperature.